Friday, December 26, 2008

Contrary to Rick Warren's Recent Statements, He DID Equate Gay Marriage With Incest and Pedophilia

This past Sunday, Rick Warren put out a video for his members at Saddleback Church attempting to explain all of the recent controversy surrounding President elect Obama's decision to have Warren give the invocation at his inauguration. The controversy has come from those who are angered by Warren's opposition to gay marriage, abortion rights, and even the membership of gays to his church.

In his video response, Warren claims that no news story is 100% accurate and that all of this has happened because the media loves conflict. He also blames all this divisiveness on talk radio and bloggers that "need to get a life" and "are just being rude". Here is the video:




Did you hear that? "I have been accused of equating gay partnerships with incest and pedophilia," Warren stated, "I believe no such thing, I never have. You've never once heard me in thirty years talk that way about that."

Really? Well in that case, listen up members of Saddleback Church!





In case you missed it, check out the above clip starting at 2:00.

Warren: "I'm opposed to the redefinition of a 5,000 year definition of marriage. I'm opposed to having a brother and sister being together and call that marriage. I'm opposed to an older guy marrying a child and calling that a marriage. I'm opposed to one guy having multiple wives and calling that marriage."

Interviewer: "Do you think those are equivalent to gays getting married?"

Warren: "Oh I do."


Thanks for setting us straight Rick!

No comments: